In some rare cases the activation of Logo Design Studio Pro may fail. If this should happen to you please follow the procedures below:
The most common reason is the Windows or Anti-Virus Firewall is blocking the activation connection.
- Pause or temporarily turn off your Windows Firewall. Select your operating system if you need help on accomplishing this task: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Pause of temporarily turn off your Anti-Virus Software. Select your software for help on accomplishing this task: Avast Antivirus, Kaspersky 2015, Webroot, BitDefender, F-Secure.
- Try running Logo Design Studio Pro in Admin mode: Right click on the software shortcut, and select 'Run as administrator'.
You try to install and an error message will populate: "Please remove previous version of Logo Design Studio. Now, if this is the case you will need to clean your OS registry."
The second most common reason is not installing correctly due to a previous version installed in your machine.
To open registry editor follow these steps:
- In Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, right click the Start button and then choose Run. In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start and then click Run
- In the search box or Run windows, type the following: regedit
Note: Depending on your version of Windows, and how it's configured, you may see a User Account Control dialog box where you'll need to confirm that you want to open Registry Editor. Click ‘Yes’
- Find the folder HKYE_CURRENT_USER and open this folder by clicking on the icon ‘>’ to the left of it and find and open the folder SOFTWARE
- Find and open the folder SUMMITSOFT
- Once in the SUMMITSOFT folder you may see the following: LDS 1.6.2, LDS 1.7.1, Or POSA
- Depending on what you have in your registry, you want to delete any of these found in the SUMMITSOFT folder. To delete, simply select the file > right click > delete.
Now you can go back and install Logo Design Studio Pro without any issues.